A delicious vegan, gluten free stroganoff – add whatever mushrooms or other veggies you would like, we also added lentils to make it healthier.
Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff
- Chopping Board
- Chopping Knife
- Stirring utensil
- Large Saucepan
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Utensils: tsp and a 1/4 cup
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 onions
- 500 grams mushrooms (we used brown and white button)
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 sprigs fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 plant based beef stock cube
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp vegan, gluten free worcestershire sauce
- 250 grams vegan cream cheese
- 1 tin lentils
- 1 tsp cornflour
- Dice onions and thickly slice mushrooms. Remove the leaves from the fresh herbs, discard stem.
- Melt vegan butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat and then add in your diced onions. Saute until translucent then add in your mushrooms along with the fresh herbs. Saute until the mushrooms lose their water.
- Add white wine to the saucepan and deglaze pan by scraping the bottom of the pan to remove the brown bits.
- Mix together the beef stock cube and cornflour into the 1/4 cup of water until no lumps remain and then add to your saucepan.
- Simmer and stir until the sauce thickens and then stir in the worcestershire, lentils, mustard and vegan cream cheese until all combined.
- Serve with your favourite pasta or on a bed of rice. Enjoy!