We know sometimes being plant based is hard, especially when you go to someone’s house and they have made a beautiful roast dinner, and of course you want to smother your huge plate of roast veggies in gravy but unfortunately it has been made from the meat juices. Well let us introduce you to our homemade, meat-juice less, Vegan Mushroom Herbed Gravy!
- Stirring utensil
- Chopping Board
- Chopping Knife
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion (diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 400 grams thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 2 cups vegan 'beef' stock
- 3 tbsp thyme fresh
- 1 tbsp sage fresh
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- Add olive oil into a medium saucepan and turn on medium-high heat.
- Add in the onion and mushrooms and saute until the onions turn translucent and the mushrooms lose their water. Then add in the garlic and the fresh herbs. Saute for 2 minutes and take off the heat and stir in the cornflour and miso paste.
- In another saucepan add in beef stock and bring to the boil and turn off the heat.
- In the pan with the mushrooms, turn heat onto low-medium and slowly add in the beef stock a 1/2 cup at a time. Once all the stock has been added, simmer until thick and gravy like.