A hearty family favourite – perfect for a lazy winters meal. Serve with crusty bread and vegan parmesan.
Vegan Minestrone Soup
- Soup Pot
- Cutting Board
- Chopping Knife
- Stirring utensil
- Measuring Utensils: tbsp, tsp, 1/2 tsp, 1/8 cup, 1/2 cup and a cup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion (diced)
- 1 carrot (peeled and sliced)
- 1 zucchini (diced)
- 2 stalks celery (sliced)
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 small handful green beans (top and tailed and halved)
- 5 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 1 400 gram tin of kidney beans
- 1 400 gram tin of crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 100 grams pasta (pre-cooked) (we used gf elbows)
- Add a tbsp of olive oil to a soup pot over medium-high heat. Give it a minute to reach temperature and then add onions and saute until they turn translucent, then add celery, carrot, zucchini and thyme. Saute for about 3-5 minutes until the veggies soften a little.
- Add to the pot: stock, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, dried oregano, salt and pepper, kidney beans, potatoes and green beans. Give it a good stir and let simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Add in your pre cooked pasta and adjust salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with crusty bread and vegan butter.