Delicious homemade TimTams made healthier!
Vegan Gluten Free TimTams
- Mixing bowl
- Electric Beaters or Stand Mixer
- Measuring Utensils to measure out: tbsp, tsp, a cup, 1/4 cup
- Kitchen Scales
- Piping Bag
- Mixing spoon
- 115 grams vegan butter
- 3 tbsp stevia
- 1 flax egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup all purpose gluten free flour
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 200 grams sugar free chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
Make the cookies
- Beat together the vegan butter and stevia to a cream. Add the flax egg and beat until incorporated.
- Add the cocoa powder, xanthan gum, flour and salt until the dough comes together. It will be quite soft.
- Roll out dough between two pieces of baking paper until 1/4 inch in thickness. Rolling out on baking paper is to prevent the dough sticking to the bench/ rolling pin. Transfer to a baking tray and place in the freezer for about half an hour (this is so the dough is easier to cut to shape).
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C whilst your dough is in the freezer.
- Take out your dough from the freezer and cut into small rectangles. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until your biscuits are crunchy (they will harden a little as they cool but not a lot). Cool on a wire rack.
Make the chocolate cream
- Beat together the tahini, cocoa, coconut cream and maple syrup until smooth and creamy.
Assemble the TimTams
- Pipe the chocolate cream onto each biscuit and place lid on top.
- Melt over low heat the chocolate chips and coconut oil.
- Spoon over the biscuits and place in fridge to set.