This dessert is to die for! It’s so addictive and you won’t believe it’s gluten free, vegan and refined sugar free (making it reasonably healthy!). We added minimal sugar and tried to make them whole, natural ingredients.
Vegan Gluten Free Sticky Date Puddings
- Ramekins or Muffin Tins
- Chopping Knife
- Chopping Board
- Stirring utensil
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Utensils:
- 180 grams pitted dates (roughly chopped)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup plain gluten free flour
- 4 tbsp vegan butter (melted)
- 2 flaxseed eggs
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- In a small bowl, add the roughly chopped dates, boiling water, baking soda and vanilla extract. Let this sit while you prepare your other ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl combine: almond flour, plain gf flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, salt. Set aside.
- Make your flaxseed eggs by combining 2 tbsp's of water with 2 tbsp's of flaxseed meal. Mix together and let it sit for about 30 seconds (it should thicken up). Add the flaxseed egg and the melted vegan butter to the date and water mixture, stir everything together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine with a whisk or electric beaters until there are no lumps.
- Take tablespoons of mixture and dollop them into well oiled ramekins or muffin tins.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Mix together all the sauce ingredients over medium heat until it thickens.
- Serve warm with a dollop of vegan ice cream and a drizzle of butterscotch sauce.