This recipe is my take on black olive tapenade cross with a rocket pesto. Made with almonds, balsamic and crunchy garlic breadcrumbs. I LOVE pesto because it’s flavourful, easy and there are so many variations and i thought we needed something completely different from our traditional pesto with basil and pine nuts! If you love olives this one is for you!
Vegan Black Olive Rocket Pesto
- Chopping Board
- Chopping Knife
- Blender or food processor
- Stirring utensil
- Measuring Utensils: 1/2 cup, 1/3 cup, 1/8 cup, 1 tbsp, 1 tsp and a 1/2 tsp
- 60 grams rocket
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 220 grams Kalamata olives
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Italian herbs
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 200 grams gluten free spaghetti
- 1/2 cup pasta water
- 1/8 cup gluten free bread crumbs
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- In a blender or food processor blitz the almonds, rocket, garlic, olives, olive oil, salt, pepper, Italian herbs and balsamic until finely chopped.
- Cook your pasta according to the instructions on the back of the packet and save 1/2 a cup of the pasta water.
- Combine the bread crumbs and crushed garlic in a saucepan over medium heat. Dry roast until golden.
- In a saucepan over medium heat stir together the spaghetti and pesto and then add the pasta water and keep stirring until the sauce emulsifies.
- Top with fresh parsley and your garlic breadcrumbs.