This garlic bread is a vegetarian mediterranean cheesy garlic bread made with fresh basil, bocconcini balls, semi- dried tomatoes and of course – garlic. It’s sweet, salty, cheesy and savoury and so freakin good.
Mediterranean cheesy garlic bread
- Chopping Knife
- Chopping Board
- 1 small baguette (gf or regluar)
- 8 bocconcini balls (torn)
- semi dried tomatoes (roughly chopped into small pieces) + oil from the jar
- a few fresh basil leaves (roughly chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 pinch chilli flakes
- 1/2 small pinch salt
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Cut your baguette lengthways down the centre so you have two halves.
- Drizzle a little bit of oil from the semi dried tomato jar over the bread (using just enough to wet the bread, you don't have to go overboard). Then sprinkling the crushed garlic, basil, semi dried tomatoes, chilli flakes and salt over the bread and topping with torn bits of bocconcini.
- Place bread in the oven for 15 minutes or until cheese has melted and the bread is golden and crunchy.