For so long we have been trying to create the perfect pizza dough and we’ve finally done it! With a garlic and chilli sauce, topped with boccochini and fresh basil from the garden this really is the best gluten free pizza!
The Best Gluten Free Pizza
- 2 1/2 cups Kims Gluten Free Flour Blend
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 7 grams instant yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp raw sugar
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
- bocconcini balls (torn apart)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 4 button mushrooms
- 1 tbsp chili flakes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives
- 3 tbsp passata sauce
- Mix together the raw sugar and warm water until the sugar dissolves. Add wet ingredients and give it a good stir to combine.
- In your stand mixer bowl mix together all dry ingredients on a low setting.
- Turn to high ad slowly add wet mixture. When the dough comes off the sides of the bowl you can stop mixing.
- Cover your dough for 45 minutes in a warm, draft free area. Then transfer to the fridge for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, remove from the fridge and use your fingers to shape your pizza by pushing the dough on a lightly floured bench. Make sure to leave the perimeter of your pizza a little thicker than your base. Transfer to a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 180°C
- Remove from the oven and smear passata sauce over the pizza base and arrange toppings to however you see fit. Turn your oven up to as high as it goes, leaving the tray you will be cooking it on in the oven to heat up.
- Place back into the oven for about 5 minutes or until you have deep golden brown and slightly charred crust and cheese melted.
The flour blend matters! The flour blend for any gluten free product is so important. When measuring your blend, even if you are a few grams out this can affect your pizza base. We have come across an amazing flour blend that has worked everytime! We use letthemeatglutenfreecakes (kims gluten free bread flour blend). Can you make this recipe vegan? You can easily make this recipe vegan by switching the cheese for vegan cheese.