A simple yet delicious and fresh pasta naturally sweetened by roasting tomatoes, capsicum and garlic, add a touch of chilli and you have the perfect balance.
Sweet and Spicy Pasta
- Chopping Board
- Chopping Knife
- Small Ovenproof Baking Dish
- Stirring utensil
- Measuring Utensils: tbsp and a tsp
- Kitchen Scales
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1 capsicum (largely diced)
- 6 cloves garlic (in their skins with the end chopped off)
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning or dried oregano
- 1 large pinch of salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- balsamic glaze
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (more if you like extra spice)
- 1/2 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 60 gram bag of baby spinach
- 8 semi dried tomatoes (roughly chopped)
- 1 small jar of marinated artichokes
- 200 grams pasta of your choice
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Add to your oven proof baking dish: cherry tomatoes, capsicum and garlic. Drizzle over the olive oil and balsamic. Sprinkle over the italian herbs, chilli flakes, salt and pepper. Toss everything together with your hands to coat the veggies nicely. Place into your preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until the capsicum and garlic has softened.
- In a medium sized saucepan, cook your pasta according to the instructions on the back of the packet.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat saute the sliced red onion in a little olive oil until caramelised. Turn the heat down to low and add in the spinach, semi-dried tomatoes and artichokes. Saute until the spinach wilts.
- Pop the garlic out of their skins and add your roasted veggies to your saucepan along with the strained pasta. Give it all a good stir/toss and season to taste.