Tacos have always been a family favourite, perfect for feeding a hungry crowd!
Spicy Vegan Taco Mince
- Chopping Board
- Chopping Knife
- Stirring utensil
- Large Saucepan
- Measuring Utensils: tbsp, tsp, 1/2 tsp and a 1/2 cup
- Kitchen Scales
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 500 grams veggie mince
- 1 400 gram tin of black beans
- 1 400 gram tin of kidney beans
- 1 400 gram tin of crushed tomatoes
- 1 plant based beef stock cube
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1/2-1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 tbsp sugar
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add a tablespoon of oil and then your onions. Let the onions fry until they are translucent, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the vegan mince into the pan and break it up with your stirring utensil. Let the vegan mince brown and cook for a couple of minutes and then add in your crushed garlic. Fry until the raw smell goes away.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pan and let simmer for about 15-20 minutes over low-medium heat, stirring every couple of minutes. Simmer until the mixture reaches your desired thickness.
- Serve with your favourite taco ingredients and enjoy!