A delicious spicy pasta dish. So easy and it only takes 10 minutes to whip up. If you love spice this ones for you, but if not, halve the chilli flakes and you will love it I promise.
Spicy Tomato Spaghetti
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 small brown onion (finely diced)
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 300 grams cherry tomatoes (diced)
- 1 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup pasta water
- 400 grams spagetti or your favourite pasta
- Add a pot of water to the stove, cover and turn up the heat so that it is ready for your pasta.
- Heat up your olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Then add your finely diced onion and saute until translucent. Then add in your crushed garlic and continue to fry until lightly golden brown.
- Next add your tomato paste and stir for about 10 seconds, then add in your dried herbs, chilli flakes, cherry tomatoes, salt and pepper – fry for about another 5 seconds and then pour in the water. Reduce the heat and cover until your pasta is cooked.
- Cook your pasta as per packet instructions, saving about 1/4 – 1/3 a cup of your pasta water.
- Add your cooked pasta and pasta water to your tomato sauce and stir until the sauce emulsifies. Stir in the fresh parsley and season to your liking.