Homemade baked beans are always delicious and soo much tastier and healthier than the tinned baked beans.
Adjust to your own taste by adding your own flavours to tweak this dish.
Smoky Homemade Baked Beans
- Stirring utensil
- Mug or small bowl
- Measuring Utensil: a cup, tbsp, tsp and a 1/2 tsp
- 3 400 gram tins of cannellini beans
- 2 cups water
- 2 plant based beef stock cubes
- 5 tbsp gf tomato sauce
- 2 tsp gf worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 1/2 tbsp brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- pinch salt and black pepper
- 1 drop liquid smoke (adjust for flavour)
- 4 tbsp water
- 4 tsp cornflour
- In a saucepan over low-medium heat add in all ingredients apart from the cornflour paste. Simmer for 20 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl or mug mix together 4 tbsp of water and 4 tsp of cornflour until there are no lumps remaining. Add into the baked beans and mix until your sauce thickens.