Serve with a dollop of coconut cream, freshly cracked pepper and sprinkle with fresh basil.
Roasted tomato, garlic and basil soup
- Baking Tray
- Chopping Board
- Chopping Knife
- 8 very ripe tomatoes (halved)
- 2 onions (sliced)
- 6 cloves garlic (skins removed)
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 sprig fresh oregano
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup red wine (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Put tomatoes and garlic on a baking tray and place in the oven for 30-40 minutes until browned and slightly charred.
- Over medium heat add 1 tbsp of olive oil into a medium-large pot. Add in the sliced onions and saute for about 10 minutes or until caramelised.
- Once the onions have finished caramelising add in the roasted garlic and tomato as well as the cup of stock, red wine and the herbs. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Using a stick blender blend together the soup until no large chunks remain.
- Serve with cracked pepper, a dollop of coconut cream and fresh basil.