A delicious, sweet pumpkin soup, perfect for a winters day. We added a little ginger for a nice kick. Serve with a dollop of coconut cream and toast, slathered in vegan butter.
Roasted Creamy Pumpkin Soup
- Baking Tray
- Chopping Board
- Chopping Knife
- Medium Sized Soup Pot
- Stirring utensil
- Stick Blender or Blender
- Measuring Utensils: tbsp, tsp and a 1/8 of a cup
- 1/2 butternut pumpkin (sliced)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 small sweet potato (peeled and cubed)
- 2 onions (cut into quarters)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 carrots (peeled and cut into chunks)
- 1/8 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 inches ginger (roughly chopped)
- 2 tbsp plant based chicken or vegetable stock powder
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 tsp white miso paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Place your sliced pumpkin on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place into the oven and roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sized soup pot or saucepan, chuck in: onions, garlic, ginger, carrots, sweet potato, nutritional yeast, stock, turmeric, salt and pepper and add water until the veggies are just covered. Simmer with the lid on for about 20 minutes.
- Add your roasted pumpkin to the pot and simmer for a further 5 minutes and then blend everything together until smooth and creamy. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with fresh coconut cream and enjoy.