A delicious fibre and flavour packed gluten-free tabouli made from quinoa. I serve mine with homemade green falafels (recipe coming soon!), dips like hummus and tzatziki, more leafy greens or grilled veggies and toasted pita bread! You can also add chickpeas or another protein and some carbohydrates to make it into a satisfying and satiating meal of it’s own. I hope you enjoy!
- Salad Bowl
- Chopping Board
- Chopping Knife
- Measuring utensils: 1 cup, 1 tbsp and a 1/2 tsp
- 1 cup dried quinoa (I used tri-colour quinoa)
- 1 large bunch of fresh parsley (chopped finely)
- 1/2 red onion (diced finely)
- 1 tomato (diced)
- 1 cucumber (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Cook quinoa according to the instructions on the back of your packet. Once fully cooked, rinse with cold water or (if you have time) place drained quinoa in the fridge to cool down.
- Mix together in a salad bowl: cooled quinoa, parsley, cucumber, tomato and red onion.
- Then mix together the dressing ingredients and pour over the salad, tossing to make sure everything gets coated in dressing nicely.
- Serve as a side or add some protein to make it a main dish with a side of pita!