I was never a granola person being completely honest and being a Celiac I always found that the ones in the supermarket that I loved the sound of ALWAYS had gluten in them! And the rest of the gluten free ones that I tried were just meh. So I decided to make my own and I’m so so happy with how it turned out. It is now a staple in my pantry and I am so excited to share it with you guys!
Salty pistachios mixed with sweet dried blueberries is the perfect combination if you ask me and when you crunch into a hazelnut it’s like a Ferrero Rocher explosion in your mouth.
Pistachio Hazelnut Spiced Granola
- Baking Tray
- Baking Paper
- Utensils for Measuring: a cup, 1/2 cup, 1/4 cup, tsp, 1/2 tsp
- Mixing bowl
- Small Saucepan
- Mixing spoon
- 3 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup pistachios (unsalted)
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes (or shaved coconut)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 1/2 cup olive oil (or coconut oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- In a large cooking bowl, add in all of your dry ingredients (except for the blueberries) and mix everything together. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the honey, olive oil and vanilla essence. Stir until your mixture thins out (about 1-2 minutes).
- Pour your wet mixture into your dry mixture and stir to combine, coating everything nicely. Transfer your mixture onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and evenly spread it all out.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, taking it out halfway and stirring (If you want a clumpy granola, lightly press down with the back of a spoon when you take out your granola halfway). Make sure you don't overcook your granola, take it out of the oven just as it starts to turn golden on top.
- Sprinkle the dried blueberries on top and let your granola cool completely before you break it up and make sure to store in the cupboard in an airtight container.