The yummiest vegan pavlova bites.
- Mixing bowl
- Stand Mixer or Electric Beaters
- Measuring utensils for: tbsp, tsp and a cup
- 1 can canned chickpeas
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 can chilled overnight coconut cream
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 150°C.
- Strain out the juice of the chickpeas and put into a large mixing bowl (or your stand mixer bowl)
- Start beating your chickpea juice until it becomes a little frothy, add in the white vinegar and continue to beat for about 3 minutes.
- Add in your sugar 1 tbsp at a time. Once all the sugar has been added continue to beat until a stiff peak forms. Your meringue will be very thick and glossy. Carefully fold in the cornflour and the vanilla extract.
- Place large spoonfulls of meringue onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Make sure to leave a little gap between them as they do expand a little.
- Place in the oven and cook for 1 1/2 hours. Make sure you don't open the oven door to check them. After 1 1/2 hours is up, turn off your oven and let your pavlova cool down in the oven, still don't open the door. Let your pavolva cool for at least 2 hours before you take it out of the oven.
Make your coconut cream
- Take your can of coconut cream out of the fridge. Use a spoon to scrape all the thickened coconut cream and transfer to a bowl. Drain off the liquid in the bottom of the can and discard. Add the vanilla essence and the maple syrup to the coconut cream and use beaters or a stand mixer to whip, it should be light, fluffy and resemble regular whipped cream.
- Once your pavlovas has completly cooled, top it with coconut cream and fresh fruit.