A creamy sauce made with cauliflower and cashews, blended with a bunch of herbs and spices + a drop of liquid smoke for something different.
Healthy Vegan Alfredo Pasta
- Food Processor
- Medium saucepan
- Stirring utensil
- Chopping Board
- Chopping Knife
- Measuring Utensils: cup, 3/4 cup, 1/2 cup, 1/8 cup, tbsp, tsp, 1/4 tsp and 1/2 tsp
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked overnight)
- 3 florets cauliflower
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/8 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup plant based milk
- 1 tsp plant based chicken or vegetable stock powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 drop liquid smoke (optional)
- 300 grams your favourite pasta
- fresh parsley
- chilli flakes
- 1/2 cup pasta water
- Boil pasta according to the back of your pasta packet. Save a 1/2 cup of pasta water and set aside.
- Place cauliflower florets into a saucepan and just cover with water, place lid on and boil until soft (about 7 minutes). Strain away the water and transfer to a food processor along with: the pre-soaked cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion powder, plant milk, mustard, stock powder, liquid smoke and salt and pepper. Blend until a smooth sauce forms. Add more plant milk if your sauce isn't runny enough.
- In a saucepan, add 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat, add in your crushed garlic and lightly fry until the raw smell goes away (about 2 minutes). Turn off the heat and add in your cooked pasta, pasta water and creamy sauce, stirring to combine. Top with fresh parsley and chilli flakes. Enjoy!