A really simple, wholesome banana bread. Perfect toasted in the sandwich press for brekky or as a snack. Our banana bread is gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free.
Healthy Gluten Free Banana Bread
- Loaf Tin
- Baking Paper
- Large cooking Bowl
- Potato Masher or Fork
- Aluminium Foil
- 3 bananas (mashed)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 eggs (whisked)
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup rolled oats (or oat flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1/4 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1 banana
- shredded coconut
- coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Mix together in a large cooking bowl: eggs, mashed banana, maple syrup and coconut oil.
- In a separate bowl, mix together: almond meal, oat flour (or if using rolled oats, add them to a blender or food processor and blend until fine in texture), nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, walnuts, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and combine well using a whisk.
- Pour your mixture into a loaf tin lined with baking paper. Slice a banana lengthways and gently place on top of your mixture. Sprinkle shredded coconut and coconut sugar on top to make a nice caramelized crust.
- Cover with aluminium foil and place into the oven for 30 minutes, uncover and then place back into the oven for a further 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Slice and eat as is or toast in a sandwich press and slather with butter. Enjoy!