An awesome veggie packed quiche, with minimal dairy and gluten free pastry. We used soy milk as an alternative to cream and/or milk and it turned out amazing. Just add vegan cheese on top for a dairy free alternative.
Gluten Free Vegetarian Quiche
- Chopping Board
- Chopping Knife
- Large cooking Bowl
- Quiche dish or pie dish
- Spray Oil
- Baking Paper
- Dried beans or rice (for blind baking)
- Baking Paper
- Measuring Utensils: A cup
- 1 sheet gluten free frozen pastry
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 5 eggs
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 onion (diced finely)
- 1/4 zucchini (sliced thinly)
- 6 large mushrooms (sliced thinly)
- 1 tomato (sliced thinly)
- 1 large handful baby spinach
- 1 large handful of cheese (or vegan cheese for a dairy free alternative)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- In a large mixing bowl add: eggs, soy milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Whisk together. Set aside.
- Well grease your quiche dish and put your pre-rolled pastry into the dish. Place a sheet of baking paper on top, followed by a weight (we used rice – you can use anything like dried beans, chickpeas, lentils etc). Place your quiche into the oven for 15 minutes, take off the baking paper and your weight and place back into the oven for another 5 minutes or until the pastry at the bottom of your dish is no longer see-through. Keep the oven on.
- Sprinkle diced onion into the bottom of your blind baked pastry and then layer the sliced veggies, topped with a handful of baby spinach. Pour in your egg mixture slowly and then cover with your chosen cheese.
- Place your quiche into the oven for 40 minutes or until the egg has cooked and the top has gone a delicious golden brown colour. Enjoy with fresh salad or your chose veggies.