We recreated this recipe from a delicious wholemeal loaf made by Gluten Free Alchemist. We’ve made her recipe a few times now and it has been delicious each time with no fail. What we loved about this bread is that it is dairy free and full of whole healthy ingredients and you absolutely can’t tell it’s gluten free (which is what we look for in all gf breads!) We tweaked it slightly and added your traditional raisin bread ingredients and it turned out amazing – so fluffy!! Smother it with some vegan butter and your favourite jam.
This recipe is made in a bread maker for optimal results – we use the Panasonic SD-2501.
Make sure to measure your flours out very accurately as this will affect your breads texture and taste.
Gf Raisin Bread in your Bread Maker
- Bread Maker
- Mixing Bowl x 2
- Measuring Utensils: tsp, 1 cup and 1/4 cup
- Kitchen Scales
- 40 grams sorghum flour
- 40 grams buckwheat flour
- 85 grams tapioca starch
- 30 grams potato starch
- 35 grams corn starch
- 140 grams oat flour (we used gf oats and blended them)
- 20 grams flaxseed meal
- 40 grams psyllium husk flour
- 10 grams sea salt
- 30 grams coconut milk powder
- 7 grams instant yeast
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg or grated fresh
- 1 1/4 cups raisins
- 3 eggs
- 30 grams olive oil
- 30 grams maple syrup
- 10 grams lemon juice
- 325 grams warm water
- Measure out and combine all dry ingredients except for the yeast.
- Measure out all the wet ingredients, using a whisk to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the breadmaker, adding the yeast directly on top, then followed by the dry ingredients. Make sure to scrape down the sides so all the mixture gets incorporated.
- Set your breadmaker to the 'gluten free' setting – this should be in your breadmaker manual. We set ours to 'setting 12 medium crust' using a panasonic SD-2501.
- When your bread is finished, take it out of the breadmaker straight away and place on a wire rack to cool slightly before cutting. You still want your bread to be nice and warm but not scalding hot! Smear with butter and jam – enjoy!