This recipe is an erinliveswhole recipe! We changed it a little to make it dairy free and swapped the dried thyme for fresh thyme and we couldn’t be happier with the results! It’s creamy, sweet and savoury all in one mouthful! Thanks to Erin for this delicious recipe.
Fried French Onion Dip
- Stirring utensil
- Chopping Board
- Chopping Knife
- Measuring Utensils: tbsp and a cup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 brown onions (sliced thinly)
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp vegan gf worcestershire sauce
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 2 cups plant based greek yoghurt
- Over low-medium heat add a tbsp of olive oil into a frypan.
- Add in the sliced onions and saute them for about 10 minutes or until caramelised. Then add in the crushed garlic and fresh thyme. Continue to saute for about 2 minutes.
- Then add in the worcestershire sauce and balsamic along with the salt and pepper. Cook for another 5 minutes, turn off the heat and let the onion mixture cool down completely.
- Stir in the vegan greek yoghurt and place into the fridge until ready to eat!