Some days we are all tired and lazy and that’s okay! Being honest, I was so tired this week and I couldn’t be bothered/ didn’t even want to think about lunch so I grabbed whatever was left in the fridge and made a pesto pasta concoction. It actually turned out so delicious that I had to make it again and share it with you all! You can use whatever you like really (cucumber, parmesan, olives, balsamic glaze, rocket etc, the list goes on!) and it is so easy to make vegan as well – just swap the bocconcini for some vegan cheese or nutritional yeast (or leave it out altogether). That is why I love this salad as it is perfect for when you can or can’t be bothered, no effort involved I promise!
Hope you enjoy!
Fresh Pesto Pasta Salad
- Kitchen Scales
- Chopping Knife
- Chopping Board
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Utensils: tbsp and a tsp
- 150 grams your favourite pasta
- 1/4 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 packet cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 handful fresh basil
- bocconcini balls
- marinated garlic
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 120 grams pesto
- Cook your pasta in a medium saucepan according to the instructions on the back of your pasta box. Strain and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Serve and eat cold.