An easy lunch recipe that you can whip up in under 10 minutes.
Crunchy Vegan ‘Chicken’ Wrap
- Baking Tray
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring Utensils: tsp, tbsp, a cup,
- Stirring utensil
For the crunchy chicken
- 1 cup vegan chicken pieces
- 1 tbsp cornflour (you can use other types of gf flour)
- 3 tbsp gluten free breadcrumbs (we used panko style)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp honey (or maple syrup for vegan alternative)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- pinch salt and black pepper
For the wrap
- 2 large gluten free tortillas (or regular)
- 1 squeeze of fresh lime
- smear of vegan sour cream
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1 tomato (diced)
- 1/2 lebanese cucumber (diced)
- 1 carrot (shredded)
- drizzle of sweet chili sauce (adjust for taste)
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- In a mixing bowl toss your fake chicken pieces with olive oil, honey and crushed garlic. Then add flour, mixing well to make sure everything is well coated.
- In a separate bowl, combine sesame seeds, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper and paprika. Add to the bowl with the chicken pieces and toss to combine.
- Lastly add the gluten free breadcrumbs, mix well and transfer onto a baking tray. Spread the chicken pieces out so they aren't touching, this gives them room to go crunchy. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- While the chicken pieces are in the oven, chop up the fresh veggies.
- Assemble your wrap however you would like and drizzle with sweet chilli sauce and vegan sour cream.