Delicious vegan crostini’s made two ways – one with charred grilled peaches, drizzled with honey and the other with sweet cherry tomatoes. Both sprinkled with fresh basil and drizzled with sticky balsamic glaze.
You can make these with regular Ricotta if you wish! The vegan ricotta is made using tofu and is more savoury than sweet, however, you can add various berries/ fruits and sweeteners.
It’s a great snack/lunch idea that takes only 15 minutes to make!
I hope you enjoy the recipe as much as I do!
Crostoni with Vegan Ricotta
- Chopping Board
- Chopping Knife
- Measuring Utensils: 1/3 cup, 1/4 cup, tbsp and a tsp
- Skillet Pan
- Blender or food processor
- 150 grams tofu
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp white miso paste
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 peach (cut into 4 slices)
- 2 slices of crusty bread
- 6 cherry tomatoes (cut into quarters)
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- balsamic glaze
- fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove
- Add all of the ricotta ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Add your sliced bread and sliced peaches to a skillet pan over medium-high heat, drizzle with olive oil and turn once they have become nice and charred. Take a raw garlic clove and rub the toast to infuse the bread.
- To a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Smear a generous amount of vegan ricotta over the garlic toast and top one with grilled peaches and honey. Top the other with your tomatoes. Garnish your crostoni's with fresh basil and balsamic glaze.