A delicious pasta bake that the whole family can enjoy.
Creamy Almond Pesto Pasta Bake
- Large Frypan
- Stirring utensil
- Chopping Board
- Chopping Knife
- Food Processor or blender
- Measuring Utensils: 1 cup, 1/2 cup, 1/4 cup and a tbsp
- Kitchen Scales
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- pinch salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 250 grams your favorite pasta
- 1 brown onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil (plus a drizzle extra)
- 250 grams vegan cream cheese
- 200 grams cherry tomatoes (chopped in half)
- handful of brown cup mushrooms (thickly sliced)
- 1 small packet of arugula (rocket)
- 200 gram tin of lentils
- 100 grams vegan chicken pieces (optional)
- 1 small bunch of broccolini
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- extra fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 plant based chicken stock cube
- 1/4 cup water
- In a food processor, blend all pesto ingredients together until finely chopped and smooth.
- Boil your pasta per the instructions on the back of your pasta packet. When the pasta is al dente, strain, drizzle with a tiny bit of olive oil, toss and set aside.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add in the diced onion and saute until translucent. Then add in the thickly sliced mushrooms, vegan chicken pieces and broccolini and continue to saute until the mushrooms lose their water.
- In a mug or small bowl mix together the plant based chicken stock cube and water until no lumps remain. Pour into the large saucepan and mix into the veggies.
- Add your pasta to the veggies and reduce heat to low. Mix in the vegan cream cheese and the pesto. Then add lentils, rocket and cherry tomatoes. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place the pesto pasta into a oven safe dish and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until brown and crispy on top.