A sweet coconut rice with a crunchy toasted coconut garnish made easy with your rice cooker.
- Rice Cooker
- Measuring Utensil: A cup, 1/4 cup, tbsp and a tsp
- 2 cups Long grain rice (basmati etc)
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Wash your rice until the water runs clear and drain well.
- Place rice in the rice cooker and add the water, coconut milk, salt and sugar to the rice and stir to combine.
- Set your ricecooker to the 'cook' setting and cover. Once it switches back to 'warm', let it sit whilst you toast your shredded coconut.
- Heat frypan over medium heat. Once frypan is hot add in your shredded coconut. Lightly stirring the coconut until it turns a golden colour.
- Serve your rice with sprinkled toasted coconut and some chopped spring onion.