Ridiculously easy to make and a simple design made with fruits and cream to finish makes it look so beautiful and delicious
- Stand Mixer or Electric Beaters
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring utensils to measure: Tbsp, Tsp and Cup
- 150 grams egg whites (about 4 eggs)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- fresh fruit
- 1 sprig mint
- Measure out your egg whites and let them come down to room temperature before you beat them.
- Preheat your oven to 150°C.
- Once your egg whites are room temperature, start to beat them on medium speed to a soft peak. Then start to add the sugar in, adding in a couple of tbsp at a time. Keep beating until a hard peak forms. Your meringue should be very thick and very glossy.
- With a spoon, gently mix in the cornflour and vinegar.
- On a round tray lined with baking paper, dollop large spoonfuls of meringue onto the tray forming a wreath shape.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours and make sure you don't open the oven!! Let it cool down in the oven for at least 2 hours minimum.
- Once your meringue has cooled completely, top with whipped cream and fresh fruit
Make this recipe vegan: You can easily make this recipe vegan by replacing the egg with chickpea juice and the cream with coconut whipped cream. Follow the same recipe for our mini vegan pavlova’s. All you have to do is place the mini pavlovas in a circle and top with coconut cream, followed by a second layer and topped with fresh fruit.