Delicious crispy oven baked chickpeas with a peanut butter chocolate coating *chefs kiss*. All I have to say about these is YUM! Who doesn’t love a chocolate peanut butter crispy snack? These are great for a snack or dessert and you can use whatever oil you like. I use coconut oil for taste purpose only (and to thin out the peanut butter so it spreads more easily and coats everything).
Chocolate Chickpea Peanut Butter Bark
- Baking Tray
- Baking Paper
- Heatproof Mixing Bowl
- Saucepan x 2
- Measuring Utensils: tbsp
- Kitchen Scales
- 400 gram tin of chickpeas
- 3 tbsps peanut butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 300 grams chocolate chips (I used Sweet Williams Cooking Buttons)
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Strain your chickpeas and pour them out onto a tray lined with baking paper.
- Place into your preheated oven for about 40 minutes or until they are crispy and are a dark golden colour.
- Add your peanut butter and coconut oil to a small saucepan and stir over medium heat until the peanut butter thin in consistancy.
- Add in your chickpeas to your peanut butter and mix to coat them well. Pour them out onto a lined baking tray and space them out so that there is a thin coating of peanut butter.
- Add your peanut butter coated chickpeas to the freezer for 15 minutes or until the peanut butter sets and hardens.
- Fill a saucepan with water and and heat until just simmering. Place your heatproof bowl onto the saucepan (making sure the bowl isn't touching the water). Add in your chocolate and continuouslsy stir until the chocolate has melted.
- Place into the freezer for 1 hour until the chocolate hardens. Break the block into smaller pieces.
- You can now transfer them into the fridge in an airtight container and enjoy!