Soft and chewy on the inside and crunchy on the outside and made from only good things for your body and the planet!
- Chopping Board
- Chopping Knife
- Mixing Bowl x 2
- Measuring utensils to measure out: tsp, tbsp, 1/2 cup, 3/4 cup, 1 cup and 1/3 cup
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 flax egg (see notes)
- 1 tbsp plant milk (almond, macadamia etc)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- 5 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cardamon
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup chili chocolate (can use plain chocolate chips)
- Mix all wet ingredients together (coconut oil, maple syrup, milk, vanilla essence, flax egg) until smooth using a whisk.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until smooth. Roughly chop your chili chocolate and fold into the mixture.
- Put your mixture in the fridge for half an hour to avoid the cookies spreading too much.
- After the cookies have been in the fridge for half an hour preheat your oven to 180°C (160 fanforced).
- Roll tablespoons of cookie mixture into balls and place on a lined baking sheet. Go along with a teaspoon and press them down a little so they are no longer round.
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes until the edges start to brown up a little. They will be very soft when you take them out of the oven so it's best to let them cool down before you eat them.