A delicious Mexican treat that the whole family will love. I made this recipe vegan but you can add regular feta cheese or if you don’t like smokey tastes, swap the smoky paprika for sweet.
Chilli Lime Corn Tentacles with Vegan Feta
- Chopping Board
- Chopping Knife
- Baking Tray
- Baking Paper
- Pastry brush
- Small bowl
- Measuring Utensils: tsp, tbsp
- 2 ears corn
- 2 tbsp vegan butter (or olive oil)
- 1 tsp paprika (smoked)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- fresh lime
- fresh coriander
- vegan feta (or regular) I used Bio Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Cut the corn in half lengthways and then in half again (you should have 8 pieces). Be careful when doing this as it can be tough to get through and very easy to slip (I use a rolling pin to tap the knife).
- Melt the vegan butter in the microwave for 30 seconds and add paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, salt and pepper, stirring well to combine.
- Using a pastry brush, brush over the spiced butter onto the corn pieces and lay them on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Place into the oven for 20-25 minutes or until curly, brown and crispy.
- Place into a bowl and sprinkle with fresh coriander and feta and squeeze over fresh lime juice.