These cookies are one of the best cookies we’ve ever made! They are sweet, salty, fudgy and nutty.
We added in a whole can of chickpeas as an experiment to make them a lot healthier and in our opinion the chickpeas made them even better! You can’t taste the chickpeas but they give the cookies that softer, fudgier texture that we love.
Chickpea Tahini Choc Chip Cookies
- Food Processor
- Baking Tray
- Baking Paper
- Measuring Utensils: tbsp, tsp, a cup, 1/4 cup and 1/2 cup
- Mixing bowl
- Kitchen Scales
- Mug or a small bowl
- 400 gram tin of chickpeas
- 1/2 cup hulled tahini
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 flaxseed egg
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 large pinch salt
- 150 grams vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Strain the liquid from the can of chickpeas and transfer chickpeas into a food processor.
- Pulse until the chickpeas have broken down into small pieces, then add in the tahini, maple syrup and vanilla essence. Pulse until smooth and well combined.
- In a small bowl or mug, mix together 1 tablespoon of flaxseed meal and 3 tablespoons of water. Leave for a minute to thicken. Add into the food processor.
- In a mixing bowl combine all the dry ingredients apart from the chocolate chips.
- Fold in the wet mixture from the food processor until well incorporated and then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Take a tablespoon of mixture at a time and dollop onto a baking tray covered with baking paper. Make sure to leave room in between each cookie because they will spread out.
- Bake in the oven for 15-17 minutes or until they start to turn golden brown.
- Take them out of the oven and let them cool completely before you eat them as they will be very soft. They will harden up a little as they cool.