The ultimate, gourmet bruschetta made healthy! With fresh basil from the garden, melted mozzarella, a sweet balsamic glaze and nutty chickpeas. This is such an easy meal/ snack to whip up in literally 5 minutes.
Spreading hummus or pesto over the toast would be delicious too!
- Chopping Knife
- Chopping Board
- Mixing bowl
- Tbsp Measurement
- 2 pieces gluten free turkish bread
- 1/4 of a small red onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 small handful of fresh basil
- 1/4 can chickpeas
- 4 slices mozzarella
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Toast the bread in the toaster.
- Put the slices of mozzarella on top of the toast and grill until melted.
- In a bowl combine: roughly chopped basil, diced onion and tomato and chickpeas. Mix together.
- Top the mozzarella toast with your mixture.
- Mix together the oil and vinegar and drizzle over your bruschetta and top with cracked pepper.