Hearty roast veggies and sweet balsamic made into a rich pasta sauce. Top with cracked pepper and parmesan cheese. Perfect along side your favourite bread and wine.
Balsamic Roast Vegetable Pasta Sauce
Gluten Free and Vegetarian pasta sauce.
- Blender or food processor
- Chopping Board
- Chopping Knife
- Baking Tray
- Large Saucepan
- Stirring utensil
- Measuring Utensils: 1/4 cup, 1/2 cup, tbsp
- 9 tomatoes Halved
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 small zucchini's
- 2 medium capsicums
- 2 brown onions
- 2 medium eggplants
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- pinch salt and pepper (adjust according to taste)
- 1 stick fresh rosemary
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius (180 fan-forced).
- Roughly chop all your veggies into medium-large sized pieces. Leave skins on the garlic and cut off the bottom of each clove (when garlic is finished cooking, simply squeeze and they should pop out the bottom. Discard skins.) Add all your veggies to two deep baking trays.
- Pour red wine and balsamic over veggies. Sprinkle salt, pepper, oregano, sugar and fresh rosemary over the veggies.
- Roast veggies in the oven for 20-25 minutes until well cooked and starting to brown and caramelize.
- Then blend in either a blender or food procesor until you get to your desired chunkiness.
- Pour into a large saucepan and over low heat add your vegetable stock cube and adjust sugar/salt levels to your taste.
- Garnish with roughly chopped basil and chilli oil and serve on a bed of your favourite pasta.